Belmont Stakes Betting

Belmont Stakes Betting news and information

Friday, June 02, 2006

Belmont contenders Oh So Awesome, Hemingway's Key turn in works

Team Valor Stables's Oh So Awesome breezed seven furlongs in 1:27.84, the best of three timed works as that distance, on Thursday at Belmont Park in preparation for an expected start in the Belmont Stakes (G1) on June 10.
"It wasn't spectacular; he's not that kind of horse, but he did just about what I expected him to do," trainer Jimmy Jerkens said.
The bay Awesome Again colt finished third in the Match the Hatch Stakes over a sloppy track at Belmont on May 19 in his North American debut. Oh So Awesome recorded one win, two seconds, and one third in six starts in France
"All I know is that Team Valor brought this horse over to run in the Belmont," Jerkens said. "I thought his last race was a good one, and I think he can move forward off it. I mean, I think that Todd Pletcher has the two most accomplished horses in the field [Kentucky Derby (G1) runner-up Bluegrass Cat and Grade 2 winner Sunriver], but other than that, I think it is pretty wide open."
Preakness Stakes (G1) third-place finisher Hemingway's Key breezed five furlongs in 1:01.29, third-fastest of nine timed works at the distance, over the Oklahoma training surface at Saratoga Race Course.
Source: www.thoroughbredtimes.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home